|overlays||Loading last commit info...|
SymphonyOS by HD Scania: My personal FreeBSD LiveDVD project featuring KDE Plasma, Enlightenment, XFCE, MATE, Trinity TDE, Liri shell, Weston, CDE, and Sway (based on helloSystem and FuryBSD)
The upcoming release build r0.23.04a01 will be released at my SourceForge files for this project. Maybe parts of them will also be released on CodeBerg, Disroot Git, Gitea.com, or both those all.
- KDE Plasma (my default interface; Wayland and X11; a desktop composition only)
- Enlightenment (Wayland and X11; desktop and tiling compositions)
- XFCE (X11 only; a desktop composition only)
- MATE (X11 only; a desktop composition only)
- CDE (X11 only; a desktop composition only)
- Sway (Wayland only; a tiling composition only)
- Trinity TDE (X11 only; a desktop composition only)
- Liri shell (Wayland only; a desktop composition only)
- Weston (Wayland only; a desktop composition only)
Continuous builds can be downloaded here. CAUTION: Those are meant for development only. Use at your own risk. Do not use in production environments.
To minimize the amount of data when going from build to build,
.zsync files are also provided. More information
It is possible to directly download and move straight to a Ventoy USB stick in one go.
- https://git.code.sf.net/p/symphony-freebsd/13-STABLE (Primary
- https://codeberg.org/hd_scania/SymphonyOS_13-STABLE.git (Codeberg
- https://git.disroot.org/hd_scania/SymphonyOS_13-STABLE.git (Disroot Git
- https://gitea.com/hd_scania/SymphonyOS_13-STABLE.git (Gitea.com
- https://BitBucket.org/hd_scania/symphonyos_13-stable.git (BitBucket
- SourceHut is fatally and mortally mirroring unfriendly, so no mirrors pulled from or pushed onto Notabug and GitLab were, have been, or would be anymore.
- https://git.code.sf.net/p/symphony-freebsd/CURRENT (Primary
Don’t you still remember they’re
m$-acquired? How sucky their Windows has been, is also if and only if how sucky their GitHub will also always be
- AMD Ryzen 5 3500U or its Intel 4C8T replacements
- 15 GiB RAM (14.9GiB = decimal 16GB; only showing live media requirements for minimal physical RAM’s; for real h/w installing also better with swap partitions 8GiB+)
- HDMI capable of 1920×1080 screen resolution
-STABLE, an UEFI USB pendrive with Ventoy installed, and then put my LiveDVD’s onto the
exfatpartition, for booting the installer media thru Ventoy (The Ventoy founder has told me he only supports FreeBSD LiveDVD’s whose extension is
.isobut never LiveUSB’s whose extension is
-CURRENT, an independently
dd’ed LiveDVD media on a whole microSD (The Ventoy founder also has told me he will never work for a single
There isn’t a single password for
liveuser account is removed upon install.
There is neither a single root password until it is set in the installer. You can become root using
doas su or
Please see https://hellosystem.github.io/docs/developer/acknowledgements.
These builds would not be possible without the infrastructure generously provided by Cirrus CI.